Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Catching Up

Apologies for the delays in posting! I have been ill and am finally recovering. I recently have begun spinning a gorgeous MN raised Columbia cross which a friend generously split with me, and which was cleaned and carded into gorgeous pin drafted roving at Rach-Al-Paca Farm. It is wonderful to spin, drafting easily, and so soft. I am spinning a fine single, no measurements yet, using a short forward draw. I have one bobbin complete:
one more underway:
and will spin a third before making a three ply. I plan on spinning half the 4 lbs I have as three ply for knitting and half as two ply for weaving, eventually. I hope this will serve as a good store of yarn to dye later in the year when I hope to experiment with locally available dye-stuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment